- Aim for a good set of prime lenses for art photography.
- Super wide 24mm lens: epic landscape; encompassing interior.
- Documentary 50mm lens: street; humanistic; general purpose.
- telephoto Portrait 150mm lens: ideal proportions, close-up street scenes.
- super telephoto 600mm: landscape compression; wildlife capture.
2. Selection of art photography to place into a mixed media format.
- self contained, or blend into media as a photographic choice.
- Will it be verging on abstraction or figurative?
- Will the photo be codependent or independent of other images?
- Is there a theme that will form a body of work?
Outdoor art for this kind of mixed media experimentalism requires a philosophical approach that takes into account various world views which is discussed in outdoor art: a philosophical guide to its place in the tropics.
3. How to place the art photography within a mixed media?
- The print should be initially coated with a protective solution.
- Place the print within the mixed media.
- Composition is about perspective so use an adhesive as the decisive moment.
- Layering resins on top of the image can bring out a magnification of the image.
- construct a container (putty, paper, wax) around the image for resin.
Subscribe to our newsletter!